Tuesday 3 February 2009

Something to make you laugh

I'm sure you all get just as much junk mail as I do. I am forever being sent comic strips, cartoons, jokes etc, and while some are repetative and predictable I recently got one I actually found pretty funny. So I thought I would share it with you guys. Hopefully it will give you a giggle or at least make you smile. Apparently these are GENUINE call centre conversations!


Customer: 'I've been ringing 0800 2100 for two days and can't get through to enquiries, can you help?'

Operator: 'Where did you get that number from, sir?'.

Customer: 'It was on the door to the Travel Centre'.

Operator: 'Sir, they are our opening hours'.


*****


Samsung Electronics Caller: 'Can you give me the telephone number for Jack?'
Operator: 'I'm sorry, sir, I don't understand who you are talking about'.
Caller:'On page 1, section 5, of the user guide it clearly states that I need to unplug the fax machine from the AC wall socket and telephone Jack before cleaning. Now, can you give me the number for Jack?'
Operator: 'I think you mean the telephone point on the wall'.


*****


RAC Motoring Services Caller: 'Does your European Breakdown Policy cover me when I am travelling in Australia ?'
Operator: ' Doesn't the product name give you a clue?'



*****


Directory Enquiries Caller: 'I'd like the number of the Argoed Fish Bar in Cardiff please'. Operator: 'I'm sorry, there's no listing. Is the spelling correct?'
Caller:'Well, it used to be called the Bargoed Fish Bar but the 'B' fell off'


*****


Then there was the caller who asked for a knitwear company in Woven.
Operator:'Woven? Are you sure?'
Caller: 'Yes. That's what it says on the label; Woven in Scotland'.



*****


Tech Support:'I need you to right-click on the Open Desktop'.
Customer: 'OK'.
Tech Support: 'Did you get a pop-up menu?'.
Customer:'No'.
Tech Support:'OK. Right-Click again. Do you see a pop-up menu?
'Customer:'No'.
Tech Support:'OK, sir. Can you tell me what you have done up until this point?'
. Customer: 'Sure. You told me to write 'click' and I wrote 'click''.

(my dad would do that, he always asked me if i have email numbers, i think he means addresses. But hey we cant all be computer literate)

*****

On another occasion, a man making heavy breathing sounds from a phone box told a worried operator: 'I haven't got a pen, so I'm steaming up the window to write the number on'



0 comments: