Wednesday 30 January 2008

Hypnotherapy


Next i decided to try Hypnotherapy. I contacted a local women and explained my situation. She came out to my house armed with her cd player and calm voice.
She started to play the soothing music and talk me into a 'trance'. I lay there waiting for something to happen. She talked about how i would be able to go out, to feel relaxed etc etc.

This was taking place in my living room. I had unplugged the phones so as not to be distracted but just as i was getting into a state of relaxation the door was opened and i heard someone shout 'JAN ARE YOU IN'. My mum's friend had decided to pop by! After that i was so uptight and annoyed that the session was basically a waste of time...and more money.

I had tried Hypnotherapy once before but again i honestly don't think it worked for me. I didn't feel any significant change, it didnt reveal any hidden fears from my subconscious but most importantly it didn't make me start going out.

So another therapy tried...another therapy failed.

I should say however that even though hypnotherapy didn't work for me, that doesn't mean it won't work for others and when your living with panic attacks or agoraphobia i think it's worth giving anything a try because you never know which therapy is the one to suit you.

5 comments:

IHateBadService said...

I had to cringe when I read this as it reminds me of the NHS "relaxation" tapes I was given in which you could clearly hear people talking and doors banging in the background, and the speaker swallowing, clearing their throat and, in one case, even coughing. All very relaxing, I'm sure you'll agree!

I now swear by the relaxation CDs I have from http://www.hypnosisaudio.com
and use them to relax me at night. They can also be used during the day to teach you relaxation, but, as a cure for phobias? I think not.

Unknown said...

This is great. I will definitely recommend the Hypnotherapy to my friends since it really helped me out to control myself and get rid of my stress.

Hypnotherapy said...

The purpose of most hypnotherapy is to alter some undesirable aspect of behavior. The aspect of behavior to be modified can be something like overeating, stopping smoking, anxiety or it can range to more serious personality disorders like psychosis.

barnsley hypnotherapy said...

There are many benefits of hypnotherapy for people who want to modify behavior. It is easy and relatively inexpensive form of therapy

Anonymous said...

Hi
Really sorry hypnotherapy didn't help you, but I don't think one session is likely to be much help in a complex situation like this. I also think that some hypnotherapists are better at this sort of thing then others, and you should also choose a registered, qualified therapist.
The problem with agraphobia is that somehow, your brain has got the idea that going out is frightening/dangerous. Its like a computer filing something in the wrong file. It won't change until you "Rewire" it.
I don't want to mislead. I am a hypnotherapist, and I have seen some amazing changes with this therapy. BUT like all things, it isn't a magic wand, and it doesn't work for everyone.
Just make sure you have a really good chat with your prospective hypnotherapist first, see if you gel, check they are qualified, and give it a go.