Tuesday 11 March 2008

Dreams

My friend and i were talking the other night about our dreams and how they are affected by our agoraphobia.

In my dreams i am always out and really far from home. I am aware that i am not panicking and i feeling completely calm. I also feel excited and i'm telling myself that if i panic it is fine and i will not run, i will stay where i am and i will be ok. These dreams started last year and seemed to affect me when i was awake, i felt more relaxed and able to challange this. I just find it interesting to hear other people's experiences.

Last night i had a dream and a man approaches me and said '3 years'. When i asked what he meant he explained that i will be better in 3 years. I'm not niave i know it was just a dream and doesn't mean anything but wouldnt it be nice haha.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I have a dream where theres this massive pancake and i keep eating it but it never goes away... then I am finaly about to eat the final piece and win the guiness book of records for eating the worlds largest pancake... and a lama eats it... grrrrrrrr :D

Anonymous said...

Hi,found your blog while googling for more info on agoraphobia, a really close friend of mine who's a psychologist told me I should start looking for help so I made an appointment for tomorrow at my university appointed psychologist to see if my friend is right... I'm still in very undeveloped stage, I have no problem leaving home, but I can't be in places which I can't get out quickly or are too far away from home... Still I'm ok when I'm in someone's house... For instance I can spend all night in my friends house but I can't go to the pub two houses down from it, even on the street I feel panic attacks :( I can drive, but I can't let anyone drive me :/ It's strange, I'm not really sure what I've got, I'm just scared I won't get better or that it takes a lot of time. As I saw my state being aggravated in the last month or so, now I can't even go to school, wich a mile and a half from my house :/

Robert said...

I think that it would be really good if all our GOOD dreams came true!

I don't want the nasty ones!

Best wishes...

tashi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rachael said...

I used to have a reacuring dream, more like a nightmare, that i would look out my window and see a plane or helicopter about to crash. I know its going to crash into my house and i become really scared - but then it always crashs into next doors house or garden. I would wake up sweating and it would really scare me everytime i heard a helicopter hovering above during the night - i was convinced the dream would come true.

Funnily enough, i havent had the dream since moving close to a major airport

Anonymous said...

I also have dreams where I'm out with people, going out to restaurants, bars, and parks. In my dreams, I'm happy, laughing, and able to deal with life in general. I don't know but they might be the feelings I had before this took over. I just hope that I can make these dreams come true.